Tuesday 14 October 2014

Day 91: Red Teapot

I completed a small study of this some weeks ago. I liked the composition and decided to size it up and do a larger version. I went back to my background drawings for the piece and it was nice to revisit those drawings and thumbnails.

This time I spent a little extra time matching the red hues on the teapot and I really enjoyed working on it.

This little pot is just great for herbal teas. It makes two cups, which meets my needs perfectly. I am not sure where it was made but I have had it for many years. It sat idle for many of them ... I am a recent imbiber of herbal and fruit teas. I am glad I did not part with it in my regular kitchen culls over the years. I am a fan of bright colours and the red always appealed to me.



Medium: Rembrandt Soft pastels on black pastel paper
Time to complete: 2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment