Friday 17 October 2014

Day 98: Plastic Mug

I have never used this mug before. I decided to choose a mug from the collection of drinking vessels in the house that I would normally avoid to draw and this is it. One of the plastic variety.

It is designed to be light to carry, unbreakable and keep your coffee warm.  There has been, I accept, a lot of design and engineering work that has gone into creating the perfect plastic moulded cup. People have slaved over drawing boards, calculated the perfect plastic consistency and measured the perfect density for moulding  However, the product of all that hard work does not impress me at all. I don't like it. I don't want to drink from it. Give me china, pottery or porcelain any day. Yes, I know that many china items are moulded these days but I much prefer the chink of china and the smooth feel of it in my hand.

Now ... where is that cup .... I put it down somewhere. Tea time.


Medium: Pencil on Sketchbook paper
Time to complete:  30 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment