Tuesday 14 October 2014

Day 92: Dappled Light

The stream at the back of Stancich Reserve was running fast after all the rain over the last few days. I sat for a moment, while my dog had a 'poottle' around, and found a patch of water on the side where the water was still.

The shadow of a tree lay on the surface and an old dying leaf floated quietly. The breeze ruffled the water and the sun danced on the patterns it made. Nature performed a special show just for me.

I watch entranced for some time as the dappled light sparkled and gleamed and the breeze danced the water into every changing patterns. After a few moments, I was brought back to reality when a cold wet nose nudged me to let me know it was time to move on.

All morning, I remembered the sparkle of that dappled light and decided to capture the memory of it.



Medium: Winsor & Newton Acrylic on Fredrix Artist Canvas
Time to complete:  3 hours and 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment