Friday 17 October 2014

Day 96: Mugs

More mugs ... I did not realise until I started this project how many cups and mugs I actually see in a day. I pass through the day and these common every day objects play an important role, but I had hardly noticed them. They are mere background noise in my world.

Every day they fill spaces around me. At home, at work. at cafes, at restaurants, walking down the street ... I see cups and mugs. The diversity in the shape and size of them staggers me. They are painted, screen printed, turned into advertising media, shaped into all sorts of interesting objects and yet their core purpose remains unchanged. They are vessels to hold liquid so that we can drink fluids easily. Simple as that.



Medium: Winsor & Newton Acrylic paint on Fredrix Artist Canvas
Time to complete: 1 hour and 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment