Tuesday 14 October 2014

Day 94: Still Life with Guitar

The composition was accidental. It is the scattered remains of a celebratory afternoon gathering. The champagne and water bottles are empty. There are not remnants of nuts left in the bowl. The leis draped behind the guitar are discarded ... but will keep for another day.

This is the first piece I have not had time to finish on the day. Life has intervened and I must put this piece aside and finish it another day. It deserves a background. The items need to be placed on the table, the guitar needs strings and the leis need some colour on their petals. I will work on it later this week, finish it and sign it off.  If I have time, I will repost the picture.



Medium: Winsor & Newton Acrylic paint on 350gsm paper
Time to complete so far:  2 hours and 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment