Monday 4 August 2014

Day 26: A Zebra Striped Teapot

This morning I had tea from my zebra stripey hand thrown teapot. It is one of my favourites. Gifted by a friend on my birthday, it holds a happy two and a bit cups.

I had placed the teapot on my sideboard next to a small vase of wintery buds and it looked like a nice composition, so I decided to draw it.

While walking the dog in the morning, I had found a seagull's feather in Stancich Reserve, which I had put aside as a potential pen. I decided to use it instead of a brush for this piece of work, along with a short stick from the trees at the back of the house and a very small piece of sea sponge, which I had found at Takapuna Beach after a storm in July.



The Toolkit - a feather, a stick and sponge bit



Medium: Indian Ink with natural tools on 150gsm paper
Time to complete: 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment