Sunday 24 August 2014

Day 44: The French Press

The French Press sits in the cupboard and is rarely used these days. It has been replaced by a Nespresso machine that hisses and gurgles, shushes and spits, and makes good coffee.

I thought I might make an old fashioned French Pressed coffee and sit on the deck in the sun and read the paper. A summer habit of old. Unfortunately, I realised we did not have any ground coffee in the house. The option for today was Plan B - Nespresso coffee.

As I had already boiled some water, I put it into the French Press and tried to capture on paper that moment when the plunger reaches the bottom of the pot and the water swirls and bubbles bringing the rich coffee flavour into the water.



Medium: Graphite pencil on Sketchbook paper.
Time to complete: approx 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment