Tuesday 19 August 2014

Day 40: Still Life of the Kitchen Bench

It was a rainy and cold afternoon with blustery winds and I did not feel like doing anything much at all. Venturing out doors was definitely not happening, and I was so glad that I had taken the dog for a long walk earlier in the morning before the rain arrived.

Despite my lethargy, the 100 Days Project challenge beckoned. I surveyed the kitchen bench and choose a scene of ready placed objects that formed a likely grouping and advised everyone that, until I finished the drawing, the jug and fruit bowl were out of bounds.

The lack of access to the jug in particular raised a couple of concerns from the other occupants of the house ... but I turned a deaf ear and drew on. As I had a reasonable amount of time, I used a large piece of paper. There is a satisfaction in working big.



Medium: Vine Charcoal on 150gsm paper (Size 594 x 420)
Time to complete: 1 hour 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment