Monday 25 August 2014

Day 46: Blue Vase with Lemon

I was looking for something and pulled china out of the kitchen cupboards in order to have a better search in the back of them. In the process, I unearthed this vase and decided to paint it. I placed it on a scrunched up linen tea towel, angling the vase to catch the sun through the window, and added the lemon as a counterpoint.

The friend who gave me the vase now lives overseas but we still catch up on Skype from time to time. Finding the vase reminded me of all the fun times we have had together over the years. Good times.

The problem with working in pastel is that the pastel dust gets everywhere. When I stopped to refresh my tea, I realised that the cup handle was covered in multi coloured finger prints.

I didn't find the platter I was originally looking for. It has to be stored in the kitchen somewhere. I will have to search for it another day as painting the vase has waylaid me and I am out of searching time.


Medium: Rembrandt Pastels on Canson Mi-teinte paper
Time to complete: 1 hours and 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment