Wednesday 6 August 2014

Day 27: The Last Pour

This is a very quick study on a piece of butter paper I had in my stash of useful paper things. The pile grows and grows and there are treasures in the depths of it. This piece has been used to pick up the left over bits of paint from one or more long forgotten projects and has been sitting waiting for its moment.

The art to managing all the flotsam and jetsam that one collects is to ensure that you regularly use some of it. That, regretfully, is the thing that I am a little remiss about and I aim to do it more.

I did have a cup of tea this afternoon ... but there wasn't any muffin.  I was warm and snug at home on a cold wintry day and not at all in the mood for culinary escapades. I find that for me, cooking and reading are not a good mix. I get engrossed and forget to check the oven.

The old white teapot always dribbles one little drop at the end of a pour. I haven't mastered the knack of avoiding it. It is part of the ritual of tea with this pot. Like an old friend, you know about and overlook the little imperfections. They often become the things that endear them to you.



Medium: Stabilo Ink pen on butter paper (used to mop up paint)
Time to complete: approx 15 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment