Monday 15 September 2014

Day 62: Rose Hips in a Bottle

Today I played with a mono print of some rose hips and grasses in an old glass bottle. I had collected the materials while out walking the dog in the local park. It is the last of winter's bounty as spring has arrived and with it new growth. It surprised me that the roses had not yet been pruned.

I spent more time playing with the arrangement in the bottle than it took me to draw it but there is a certain satisfaction in getting the fauna right.

The mono print plate has a level of "noise" which I like. Some people smooth out the background with cloth and cotton buds to remove the oil paint residue. I like to leave it.




Medium:Oil paint Mono Print on Watercolour paper
Time to complete: approx 1 hour and 30 minutes




No comments:

Post a Comment