Wednesday 17 September 2014

Day 68: Afternoon Tea and Life Drawing


I was invited to an artist's quarterly working afternoon tea gathering ... and the subject was life drawing. The theme of the afternoon changes each quarter and the idea is that the gathering provides an opportunity for artist's to work and explore. As an artist you also have the opportunity to get some peer feedback and criticism of your work.

Drawing people is not my forte. It is my fault, I do not put in enough practice to build my technique in this area. Throughout the 2 hour session, I had many opportunities to work on drawing the human figure through a number of poses in a series of 2 minute, 4 minute, 8 minute and 10 minute life model sessions. I learnt a lot from the experience and from my peers.

A big thanks to the Artist's Group for the invite. I enjoyed the afternoon tea and the company.



Medium: Compressed Charcoal on Sketchbook paper
Time to complete: 8 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment