Friday 19 September 2014

Day 70: Polystyrene Packaging

Today we had a new television delivered. The old one had an interesting array of colours showing permanently on the screen and a few blank spots were no colour showed at all. It needed to be replaced.

Polystyrene packaging surrounded the new monster and the remnants of it were standing on the sideboard. I observed them all the way through my morning tea and decided to draw them.

I am not a supporter of this type of packaging. I would much prefer that the manufacturer used a renewable environmentally friendly resource ... but I was told that I was not being realistic. I still believe there are viable alternatives. Customers just need to keep asking for them.

The problem of the appropriate disposal of this unfriendly material is now ours. It is not recyclable.



Medium: Compressed charcoal on Sketchbook paper
Time to complete: approx 25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment