Tuesday 30 September 2014

Day 80: Glass Bottle

This bottle is all that remains of an organic apple and blackberry fruit juice. It has been rinsed and is ready to go into the glass recycling bin.

I sometimes wonder whether all the glass that goes in to recycling is reused in other products or whether there is a glass mountain somewhere that is growing ever bigger.

There must be many people like me, who trust that the urban recycling systems are delivering what they promise. I am sure there will be a report somewhere in the depths of the paperwork at my local council.  I will check the council website to see if they are reporting on the amount of rubbish that is now being diverted from landfill to recycling centres.  I support these initiatives that help protect our environment and I would much rather have a fruit juice from a glass bottle than and plastic one any day.




Medium: Pencil on Sketchbook paper
Time to complete: 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment