Monday 22 September 2014

Day 75: Still Life with Book


I love books and am always running out of shelf and storage space for them. I have shelves in more than one room piled high with my literary treasures and I can't think of a better thing to do, when I am not mucking about with art, than reading.

An afternoon or morning tea slot is not just a stop for some sustenance, it is a chance to either work on art for read a book. Sometimes I try to do both ... but not at the same time. I alternate between the two and it is a wonder I get anything out of either of them, but I do.

The book and apple looked a little lonely on the bench so I added a vase. It made drawing the still life much more interesting.



Medium: Pencil on Sketchbook paper
Time to complete:  35 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment