Tuesday 30 September 2014

Day 81: Blooming Fireworks

I am pleased that the weather was so lovely today as I had planned to redo all my garden pots ready for summer and I had counted on it being warm and sunny.

I left early in the morning for the local Garden Centre and picked up some bright, colourful and vibrant potting plants in red and orange shades. The plants were home and potted up in quick time.

As I sat with a well earned cuppa and looked admiringly at my work, I caught this bright red bloom set against the clear blue sky. The light was so dazzling that the glare cascading around the flower gave the appearance of a light filled firework exploding in the sky.

It was magical ... and I had to try and capture it.



Medium: Golden Acrylic paint on Fredrix Artist Canvas
Time to complete: 3 hours (in two sessions on same day)

No comments:

Post a Comment