Tuesday 22 July 2014

Day 13: A Splash of Red

I late afternoon splash of red or little gin and tonic with sushi and crackers and cheese may not be your normal afternoon tea fare, but was exactly what called for today when a friend from Hawkes Bay arrived for a visit. 

I am looking forward to a week of morning teas, brunches, lunches, chats, gossips, sharing, reading, movies and shopping. We will need to have the odd glass of wine or gin and tonic some days to fortify us during the process.

This is my second attempt at a watercolour and both times the subjects have involved glass objects ... perhaps there is an unconscious theme here. I am starting to appreciate why many artists love to work in this medium ... and I obviously have a long way to go to get my head around using it, but I am happy with both attempts so far.

So here is a toast to 'A Splash of Red' 




Medium: Winsor & Newton Watercolours on Hahnemuhle Watercolour Paper.
Time to complete: 1 hour 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment