Sunday 13 July 2014

Day 4: Cuban Cuppa

This was a "try it" day on a technique I had never used before. In the morning, I placed dots of fluid acrylic onto a large sheet of card, misted it thoroughly with water, let it run, covered it with gladwrap and scrunched, pushed and moulded the colours.

I then left the canvas with the gladwrap covering it to dry for 6 hours:


Later that afternoon, I peeled off the gladwrap, turned the piece around a number of times until I saw a design I could build on. One way round and squinting - as you do - I could see the shape of a cup. I decided to go with that and gave myself 45 minutes to play.

This is what I ended up with:


Medium: Golden Fluid Acrylic paints on Canson Card
Time to complete: 1 hour 
(10 minutes set up in morning and 45 minutes painting in evening)


No comments:

Post a Comment