Thursday 24 July 2014

Day 15: An Inky Teapot

I decided to chose an item at random from my backup kit today. The card I chose said:

"Using Indian Ink and a brush draw an object(s) by holding the brush between two fingers at the end of the handle and work freely in fluid movements from the shoulder."

The teapot and demi-tasse were already sitting poised on the bench counter, a remnant from a tea and coffee moment earlier in the day. The arrangement said "Use me".

It was interesting holding the brush at the end, and working from the shoulder encouraged large fluid movements. It was an exercise that took mere moments but while I was working it seemed that time was standing still.  I had to really concentrate on what I was doing and nothing else existed. It was simple and gently meditative.


Medium: Indian Ink and brush on Sketchbook paper
Time to complete: approx 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment