Sunday 20 July 2014

Day 10: Waiting at the Mall

This elderly gentleman was waiting on the seat by the coffee shop at the Milford Mall and he had nodded off. He had a Colonel Sanders beard and moustache and lovely thick white hair. Just as I finished the sketch, he was abruptly woken when his wife returned and gave him a shake.

I hadn't noticed the man because he was asleep. The reason he caught my attention was because it was a cold, wet winter's day and he was dressed in a short sleeve shirt. He was obviously one of those hardy souls who can brave cold temperatures in summer clothing.  I was wearing as much warm clothing as I could reasonably layer...and I had a big wool coat as well. I have often been described by my family as a 'hothouse flower'. Summer clothes in winter...bah, humbug.



Medium: Stabilo Ink pen on Sketchbook paper
Time to complete:  approx 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment