Wednesday 16 July 2014

Day 6: Stacked Cups

I felt like doodling today so stacked a couple of the cups that I had inherited which had a similar shape, but different handles, and zentangled.

It was very relaxing to just nibble away at the cups in between interruptions, diversions and day dreaming. The designs on the cups came about organically...there was no pre planning and they do not in any way resemble the beautiful floral patterns on the original bone china cups that were once used for elegant afternoon teas.

It was a very pleasant way to spend my time. If you have never tried it, I would recommend it. Looking at the finished cups, I wondered how it would look if you drew the cups in ink on an MDF/plywood block. I think I'll follow up on that idea in the future.

A couple of zentangle cups:


Medium: Stabilo Ink Pen of Sketchbook paper
Time to complete: around 45 minutes
(excluding diversions and interruptions)

No comments:

Post a Comment