Friday 11 July 2014

Day 2: A Study with Blue

It was so wet today that the dog decided that he was going into hibernation mode and hunkered down for a day of snoozing. I had arranged for a coffee meetup mid afternoon and braved Auckland's motorway and the Harbour Bridge to venture across to the other side.

The coffee was good and the biscotti was yummy, but the best part of the table setting for me was the water jug and glasses. The soft winter light bounced off the creme and pale green walls of the cafe and through the glass of the jug. Lovely....

I quickly sketched while chatting, and made a haphazard attempt at colour matching. 

When I got back home, I got out the long unused watercolours and waded in. Here it is:


Medium: Winsor & Newton Watercolours on Hahnemuhle Watercolour Paper
Time to complete: 1 hour 45 minutes




No comments:

Post a Comment